About this policy
Coastline Spirits Ltd is committed to processing and protecting your personal information, ensuring that your personal data is handled in a safe and responsible way in line with our legal obligations as well as being clear to our customers about what we do with their personal data.
The key points from our policy:
We do not sell your data to third parties
We do make it easy for you to manage your information shared with us. You can change your preferences at any time.
We do use data to help us provide great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely.
Please read this document carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
Coastline Spirits Ltd will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject). An identifiable natural person is one who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data in particular by reference to an identifier or from factors specific to the individual.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Coastline Spirits Ltd is an alcohol beverage distribution company based in Milton Keynes. Our registered address is: Unit 269, 548-550 Elder House, Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR, United Kingdom.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when:
- you use our website www.coastlinespirits.com
- you make an order in person or via our website.
- you make enquiries in person or via our website.
- someone is interested in working with us
- when you sign up to marketing emails.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you place an order. We will collect this information, so we can fulfil your order request.
When you place an order:
- Coastline Spirits Ltd collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for order confirmation and order updates)
- date of Birth
- home or work address
- credit or debit card information and/or other payment information
- telephone number
- company name
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online forms or otherwise make contact with us
When you access our sites:
- There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Coastline Spirits Ltd. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
- Location information:
- If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete an order, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g., by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer;
- to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you;
- for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
- to communicate with you, including to respond to information requests/enquiries submitted and/or to obtain your feedback on our products and services;
- for record keeping, statistical analysis and for internal reporting and research purposes;
- to ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our websites;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services.
- to decide on and notify you about price changes;
- to monitor the quality of our products and services;
- for logical purposes, including to plan and log delivery routes;
- to investigate and complaints you make;
- to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you or us;
- to customise various aspects of our Websites to improve your experience;
- to pre-complete online forms on our Websites. For example, if you have provided an address when using one service, the Websites computers may automatically fill in that information on an order form for another service;
- as we may otherwise consider necessary to support the operation of our Websites;
- to obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and risk management purposes;
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Coastline Spirits, its personnel and others.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided to us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email or your selected preferred method of communication:
- where you have consented to this, or
- where you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your visit to and use of our Websites will not be affected.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email [email protected]
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example, service providers (e.g., Royal Mail for the provision of delivery), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns to have the decision reviewed.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Coastline Spirits Ltd holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: [email protected]
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal information that you send to us through our Websites. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that’s transferred over the SSL connection. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right/top left of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
What happens if our business changes hands?
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business.
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Updating this statement